APSIG-APrIGF 2022 selected Fellows Announced!
List of selected Fellows for APSIG-APrIGF 2022 is as follows;
Engagement Requirements of Fellows
1. Attend online introductory course(s) on Internet Governance as designated. ·
2. Attend the pre-conference preparation webinars for Fellows. ·
3. Join the 2022 Fellows mailing list discussions. ·
4. Register for the conference. ·
5. Coordinate with the assigned buddy group and attend group coordination calls. ·
6. Participate in APrIGF Synthesis Document development process. ·
7. Make use of your connections and social media presence to promote the event, sessions and activities, by actively sharing information to your community, or creating and sharing posts online.
1. Participate in the capacity building sessions.
2. Attend all sessions in 3 days of the APSIG program.
3. Coordinate within the assigned buddy group and at least 50% of all sessions during the 3-day APrIGF main conference.
4. Attend Fellows-Mentors meet-up sessions and report to the mentor about the sessions they have attended. ·
5. Join in various activities with the assistance of Mentors/Fellowship Committee. For example (but not limited to): ·
a. To contribute to a session as a panelist / speaker / contributor.
b. To organize with other Fellows a short session on a particular IG topic.
c. To coordinate and work among the buddy group to provide a summary report in a dedicated session. (**Returning Fellows are required to serve as buddies and help coordinate the buddy group on the rapporteur work.) Details of activities will be discussed and coordinated with the Fellowship Committee and among your buddy groups.
6. Participate in the APrIGF Synthesis Document development process. ·
7. Help promote APrIGF and APSIG! For example, live tweet the event to increase engagement and draw attention to the conferences and events in real time; create posts/ blogs/ videos to share your learnings and opinions after attending sessions, etc.
1. Share your key takeaways or the issues highlighted from APrIGF and APSIG in any popular format, e.g. blog post, video log, recording, etc.
2. Share it online with your community and send a link to the Secretariat within 2 weeks after the conference.
3. Complete a fellowship feedback survey within the specified deadline.
4. Participate in the post-conference buddy group call to review the program experience.
5. Consent to be added to the Fellows alumni network mailing list and social media groups. ·
6. Join the MSG as an Observer Member for 1 year at least. ·
7. Engage in local community development initiatives.
Requirements for Selected Fellows (Must Read)
All in-person Fellows are required to be fully vaccinated as defined by Singapore before arrival. Once you have accepted the Fellowship offer, you will be asked to submit proof of full vaccination to the portal before the trip. Failure to provide vaccination proof will not be granted sponsorship for flights and accommodation.
Requirements and list of accepted vaccinations for entry into Singapore
All in-person Fellows are required to purchase travel insurance which covers a certain level of Covid-19 related costs for their trip at their own expense before arriving in Singapore. Once you have accepted the offer to be an onsite Fellow, you shall purchase travel insurance and upload details to the portal as soon as your flight is booked. Failure to obtain travel insurance will not be granted sponsorship for flights and accommodation.
Travel insurance companies recommended by Singapore authority:
Insurer Product Name & Application Page
AIG Asia Pacific Insurance Pte. Ltd. Singapore Travel Assist
Chubb Insurance Singapore Limited SG Travel Insured
HL Assurance Pte. Ltd. ChangiAssure Covid Insurance
Passport & Visa
Please check if you have a valid passport until the end of trip, and whether you will require a valid visa to enter Singapore. Selected fellows travelling to Singapore shall apply for visa (if necessary) at their own expense. We will be happy to assist in case you need any supporting documents for the application.
Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority – Visa Requirements
We recommend you to make use of this tool which helps you to check the latest Covid restrictions particularly for your trip:
International SOS – COVID Trip Planner
If you have any issue with the application process, please contact at email@example.com
Fellowship Committee Members
Babu Ram Aryal, Chair
Dr. N.Sudha Bhuvaneswari
The APSIG Conference Program is meant to identify candidates who deserve support for participating major conferences on Internet and Digital Governance including Internet Governance Forum. The program, supported by APSIG and others, started in 2016.
The APSIG Finance Committee will handle the Conference Fellowships. The Committee will use the following procedure to identify candidates:
1- Candidates submit a Conference Fellowship application with the workshop proposal, session proposal or paper with or without the acceptance letter from the relevant conference.
2- Preference will be given to candidates with the accepted workshop proposals, session proposals or the paper from developing countries.
3- After the conference, the selected fellows are required to submit a report to APSIG.
Why APSIG Conference Fellowship Program?
We would like to see many Internet governance leaders and experts in Asia Pacific to participate IGF and other major Internet/Digital governance conferences actively.
Unfortunately, financial supports to participate these conferences are very limited. We decided to create Amazon/APSIG Fellowship Program for active participation to IGF.
Later, we changed the name to APSIG Conference Fellowships. APSIG focuses more on APSIG alumni.
We also recommend all national SIGs and IGFs to sustain active participation to IGF among other major conferences to develop good SIG curriculum and IGF program as well as developing global human networks through active participation to the conferences.